Sunday, September 7, 2008

happiness is a choice

May 9, 2006
happiness is a choice.
Filed under: Devotional, Inspirationsistersinchrist @ 7:03 pm
Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink and to enjoy the good of all his labor that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.(eccl5:18kjv)
As a stay at home mum I get to spend most my day with the kids. I have a 3year old son and a 17month old daughter. Typical of kids their age, they throw tantrums, mess up themselves and the house I had taken time to clean and are generally a handful for me. I resented staying at home and wanted to be a career woman like some friends I knew. I thought that would make me happy. I ventured out and started a small business that took me out of the house as early as 7a.m and brought me back home around 9pm everyday. My husband works nine to five so we get home almost at the same time, tired and worn-out from the hassles of the day. I had little patience with the kids. While they craved for attention and affection from me I was in a hurry to cook dinner and get them ready for bed so that I could have some rest. Suddenly I had no time to catch a nap or sit for 5mins without having something or someone screaming for attention. I started becoming resentful again and started craving for something else to make me happy.
Father thank you for loving me just as I am and showing me that true happiness comes from you and until we find you there will always be a void to fill in our lives. Help us to fill this void with your love in Jesus name.
Closing thought:
As human beings, there will always be just one more thing we seek to make our joy complete but we do not have to wait for all the conditions in our life to be right before we can be happy. We can choose to be happy with who we are and what we have right now. What will your choice be?

No comments: